Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Looking for Flecks

It's hard for me to really put into words this week.  It was one of those weeks where I feel like I gave everything I could but still felt like I hadn't done much at all.  Our lessons had bummed us, people rejected us and to be honest, I felt like I wasn't having success. That for almost nine months I would "Dip my pan into the river and come up empty". 
Then, I decided to think about all of the small, little things that had made me happy. 
That lady that said "Hello" back to us. 
The baby that waved to us. 
The metro that arrived just in the nick of time so we wouldn't be late.
The rain cloud that chose not to dump on us until we got inside our apartment. 
The family that smiled at us. 
The security guard that asked us who waved us down to come talk to him. 
The little girl from the branch who told me she wants to have my name tag to remember me .
The man at Subway who said I spoke Romanian well (he was too nice).

One thing that I have learned while on my mission is that it is crucial for all of us, regardless of our religious background, to look for all of the small ways in which God blesses our lives.  Whether you are a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or not, Heavenly Father STILL loves you and will still put blessings into your life.

I wanted to share this video with you all because it sums up how I feel out here every day.  I hope that you will watch it.  I promise you it will make your day better.   It's only 3 minutes long and it is filmed like a mini movie!

I have also learned that success, no matter how small, should be counted as success. And that I've been "looking for nuggets, not just tiny flecks".  And that, "There is gold alright, you just have to know where to find it". 


https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-09-016-flecks-of-gold?category=mormon-messages/mormon-messages-2011&lang=eng&cid=HPTH082814378

I am so happy that I am a missionary here in Romania and that I have the chance to share my happiness, the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, with those who are ready to accept it.  Every opportunity I have to share the gospel with people is enough.  My small and simple acts of service DO make a difference, whether I notice them or not. 

"By small and simple things are great things brought to pass" Alma 37:6
SO true. 
Loving the work, Loving the people and Loving the Lord,
:) Sora Lee


Photo 1:  WHUT.  This dog has mad skill
Photo 2:  At our weekly activity with our favorite teens!!!  Paula, the girl to my right, wants me to be her Maid of Honor at her wedding!  Haha
Photo 3:  Celebrating Sora Merkley's ONE YEAR mark with lanterns!!!!
Photo 4: Our smiley face lantern! 



No comments:

Post a Comment