Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

"Just Get A Cute Guy And Go To The Club"

This week we had some very interesting conversations while contacting people haha. 
I also don't have a lot of time so I can't go into depth about all we did this week but I did want to share a little thought with you all.

Firstly:  Romanians, and probably everyone else in the world, have a very hard time understanding WHY I would willingly give up 18 months of my "young, beautiful life" to go to a foreign country, have to struggle with a foreign language and talk to people about Jesus.  They just don't get it.  Why I would leave behind my family and friends and have to live a life with so many "restrictions". 
People tell us to just go home, or to just stay here and go to the clubs and party with boys haha.  It always makes me laugh.  Some people think that we are dedicated but others just think that we are idiots and that we are wasting our time.  It's always a toss up what people will say to us so we always look forward to our interesting conversations with people here.
Every opportunity I have to tell someone about the gospel and to bear my testimony about why I am here and why I am SO HAPPY to be here, to be a missionary.  I LOVE this gospel and I definitely wouldn't be in Romania if I didn't know that this church was true and that this gospel blesses lives.  The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only 100% way that we can experience true and everlasting happiness in this life. 
I have been able to meet the most incredible people out here and be able to establish the strongest friendships, with people that don't even speak the same language as me. 
We are all brothers and sisters here on this earth.  Heavenly Father loves all of us.  He wants us to be happy.  He has blessed my life and my family's life because he knows we re trying our very hardest every single day to come closer to Him and His son. 
These might be the hardest 18 months of my life but I can honestly say that they will be my happiest too. 
Loving the work, Loving the people and Loving the Lord,
:)Sora Lee

Funny stories:  While contacting this week, I decided to say, "Buna Ziua!" And "Ce mai faceti?" (Good day! and How are you?).  She stopped walking and turned around and asked if she knew me, that I looked familiar to her.  We started talking to her and I told her about who we were and why I am here.  I showed her photos of my family.  We tried to go into Eternal Families and how we can all live with our families after this life.  She rejected that and then told us we were wasting our time.  No problem though.  So as we say goodbye and walk away she says, "Can I have one of your photos?"  And I'm like, "WHUT?"  Hahaha.  So it was kind of an awkward position for me, I didn't want to tell her no.  So I pulled our a photo of me in front of the Newport Beach temple.  I wrote my name and a small testimony on the back of it and gave it to her.  She told me that I was the prettiest and nicest girl she had met.  It made my day and kind of creeped me out haha. 
Photo 1: Half of the Fabulous Nine at our Zone Conference!  Bastidas, Sayre, Parr, Me, Barrera
Photo 2: Us with our "Nine Gang Sign"
Photo 3: Merkley and I at "Ziua Limbii Romane" or "Romanian Language Day".  I LOVE LIMA ROMANA!!!!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment