Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

The Happiest Day of His Life

This week was very mentally draining haha but I came out alive.  

Phew.  Missions man, they aren't a cake walk.  But they're pretty sweet.  

So a lot happened but I just wanted to focus on 2 things:

1.) FOLLOWIN' THAT LITTLE VOICE IN MY HEAD
Magda, one of our investigators, asked us to come meet to her dying father, in hopes of bringing him some happiness in his last moments.  So we go in and he is terminally ill and he is like this skeleton on the couch and he wasn't listening to us at all, he was just staring at the television.  We were trying to make small talk and he was just a vegetable, totally unresponsive.  We sat there for about 2 minutes in defeated silence.  Then, words just came out.  "What was the happiest day of your life?"  He looked at us and said, "The day I had my children and the day I got married".  and then he went back to his vegetable state.  

A few minutes later, Magda and her mother come in crying, they had been eavesdropping in the other room.  They were just so happy and they told us, "We never thought he cared about us".  

I am so grateful for the spirit putting those words into my mouth.  SO so so grateful.  

He ended up passing away a day later.  We attended his funeral and it was the saddest, most pathetic thing.  Wow. I cannot even put into words the emotion there.  I am just so grateful for the knowledge I have of the Plan of Salvation and that we can be forgiven of our sins through Christ's atonement,  be judged according to our faith and works, have a beautiful, resurrected body free of sickness and pain and ultimately, live with our families again.  

2.) BLAST TO THE PAST
We had exchanges this week in Iasi and it was INCREDIBLE.  I miss that city, it is weird that I served there six transfers ago!!!!!!!  Going back was insane, I still knew the whole city like the back of my hand.  We got to visit my favorite member, Sora Padure and I felt inspired to ask her about her mother. Turns out her mother lives here in Galati and lives alone!  She asked if I could go visit her!  We hugged and I just felt the spirit so strong in that moment.

I'm learning that scripture study is so important and that I need to read my scriptures every single day or else I feel horrible.  It's like a little part of me is missing!  The same also goes with prayer, it's just one of those things you have to do every day, like eating, using the toilet or brushing your teeth.  SO IMPORTANT.

SHOUT OUT TO MY TREEBIE CAKE: HAPPY SIX MONTHS!  MOMMA IS PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!

Loving the work, Loving the people and Loving the Lord.,
:) Sora Lee

Photo 1:  Spring is here which means red hairrrrrrr
Photo 2: 5 hours on the train = selfies
Photo 3: Me and my favorite Iasi member SORA PADURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Photo 4 : The bombest paper towels with TOM AND JERRY on them!
Photo 5: Hello Kitty toilet paper for when sisters come to our apartment for exchanges! (it smells like roses)
Photo 6:  FOr those of you who asked what I eat on a normal basis:  This. An egg, some potatoes, spinach, mushrooms, squash and peppers.  I eat this like, every single day haha







No comments:

Post a Comment