Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I just heard this murmur, it said "Yes" YES!



ON AN INFORMATIONAL NOTE:
We had Zone Conference this week so we headed down to Bucharest.  We had the awesome privilege to hear David Rutely who is a friend of the Ivory's and he is a member of parliament in England! The best quote from him,  "I figured if they are baptizing millions of people in Mexico then why can't I do it here?!" AMEN.  The best part of conference was SEEING MY BABY SORA TREBAS.  We shared a heartfelt hug and an even more heartfelt piggy back ride.  I love her!


ON A FUNNY NOTE:  
We saw a man who was high out of his mind, huffing paint behind the church.  It was a shame because he was a pretty cool looking dude and to be honest, I've never wanted to contact a high person more in my whole life than I did at that moment.  I just wanted to tell him, "the paint will make you feel good for a few minutes but the gospel will make you feel good forever" hahaha but I decided to hold off and just watch the poor creature.  He got up and stumbled around for a bit and reached down for a twig or something.  The twig turned out to be A BOW AND ARROW he had fashioned out of old branches.  He raised the arrow to the sky but stumbled before he could pull the arrow.  A sad, beautiful moment.

ON A SPIRITUAL NOTE: 
I don't have a lot of time today but I just wanted to tell you about a really cool experience. Last week, we had asked Magda, our investigator, to pray to know if the Book of Mormon was true and if Joseph Smith was a true prophet who restored Christ's church back on the earth.  She told us she already felt good about it but we asked her to pray for for a direct answer from her Heavenly Father. This week, we met again with Magda and taught her the Plan of Salvation.  At the end of the lesson I had this prompting come to me, "Ask Magda if she prayed".  So I asked her and her face completely lit up.  She smiled and looked at me in the eye and said, "So the night you asked me to pray, I went to bed without an answer.  A few hours later, I was woken up by a noise.  I thought it was my dad in the other room but when I checked on him, he was asleep.  I laid back down and I heard this little voice, it was almost a murmur.  It whispered to me 'Yes' and right then, I knew it was all true".  AHHHHHHHHH  So the spirit flooded the room and we invited Magda, one of our investigators to be baptized.  She said, "Well I'm a little sick right now, can we wait 3 days?"  Hahaha WE LOVE HER.  The gospel has brought so much...happiness into her life.  Her whole demeanor has changed and it's only been a few weeks.  I am excited to see how the gospel will bless her...5...10 years from now.


I really glad that I made the choice to extend my mission.  I feel like the stone just began rolling- and i only have 5 months left.  Wow.  This gospel really makes life better, happier, more incredible. How can this church not be true?  It's just so good.  


Loving the work, Loving the people and Loving the Lord,
:) Sora Lee



Photo 1: The 9 (errrrrr 7 of us)
Photo 2: TREEBIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Photo 3: My orange bloc *we live here
Photo 4: Our church building
Photo 5: Danube river looking beautiful as always
Photo 6: Some Romanian for you! Thanks gypsy kids!









No comments:

Post a Comment