Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

Mistakes and Miracles

THIS WEEK WAS THE BOMB.  I love my companion so so so much.

Okay. Here are a list of "mistakes and miracles" for the week.

MISTAKE #1: RIDING A BIKE IN A PENCIL SKIRT.
  Don't do it.  
It's impossible.  
But if you are feeling bold, do it while carrying your purse on your shoulder, while juggling a tote bag- filled to the brim with books, then, fill the bike basket with groceries- make sure you buy lots of eggs, and also carry a grocery bag full of clothes, just because you weren't carrying enough already!

MIRACLE #1: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
I didn't break a single egg. #skills

MISTAKE #2: LACK OF ASSERTION.  
Let me tell you a story. 
"Once upon a time there was a sister missionary.  She went down to Bucharest for transfers.  Upon entering the Metro station, the sister missionary was waiting with the other missionaries for the next metro to come blazing through the station.  The metro arrived.The missionaries quickly piled on the the metro.  The sister missionary however, chose to let every Romanian and their mother, go past her and onto the metro. The metro doors shut.  The sister missionary was left standing on the platform, in a panic, as she peered at the other missionaries THROUGH THE CLOSED DOORS OF THE METRO. The metro took off, leaving the sister missionary all alone, in a foreign city, unsure of where to go. "
And I would be THAT sister missionary.

MIRACLE #2: BEING RESCUED
3 other missionaries came to my rescue.  As the metro pulled away from the station and out from site, I turn around to see a group of missionaries coming my way.  

I was safe! #hallelujah #scaredoutofmymind

MISTAKE #3: GETTING LOST
While in Bucharest, I was hanging out with some of my beasties from the MTC, Sora Bastidas, Sora Barrera and Sora Parr.  We were with two other elders but we had gotten separated from them.  4 girls in a completely new city. #crudders. So we figured, "hey, we are already lost, let's shop," So we go into this Peruvian store and . . . . . 

MIRACLE #3: POTENTIAL INVESTIGATOR RECEIVED
So we get to talking to this guy and he is Peruvian, speaks perfect Spanish. Three of us sister missionaries in that room spoke Spanish so we got to testify about the gospel IN SPANISH, IN ROMANIA. He wanted to learn more about the church and the gospel so he gave us his number! Whoop! We handed this investigator over to the Bucharest sisters, since we don't serve in Buch. It was so cool getting to see Sora Bastidas and Sora Barrera talk back and forth about the gospel.  All I got out was "Buenos Dias" and "El Libro De Mormon" hahahah

MISTAKE #4: FORGOTTEN PANTY HOSE
We went to go visit teach one of the members and that morning I had forgotten to put on my tights.  My legs were shaved and lotioned and my skirt covered half of it anyways and I figured, "Hey, I'm fine". So we go in and sit down and Sora Stan, the member, gets up, touched my legs and tells me in Romanian, "You will go sterile if you do not wear tights. Don't you want to have children?!" Hahahahahahahahahahaahahhaha.  She walks into the other room and comes out with a pair of black slightly-taller- than-my-ankle dress socks and asks me to put them on.  Hahahahahahahhahahahahaha. Never before in my life have I felt more fashionable.  #geekalert #someonecallthefashionpolice

MIRACLE #4: STILL NOT STERILE AND...
We got in some really great contacting on the way home.  A lady actually gave us HER number, her DAUGHTER'S number and said that they were interested in learning more about us. We also met a lady who said that "We are all brothers and sisters on this earth" and she wants to learn more about the gospel. Pretty cool. And this all happened while I was wearing those funkadelic socks.

AND. . . I have bed bugs. They never said missions would be easy. . . 

I love Timi and my companion. 

BIRTHDAY SHOUT OUT TIME!
Happy past-due birthday to ZOE LEE
Happy semi past-due birthday to HERMANA BREANNA CALDER
Happy early birthday to ERIKA HANSON

Love you!!!!!!!

FOR PHOTOS CLICK THE LINK BELOW!


No comments:

Post a Comment