Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Godmothers, Mothers and Members

 - - - - - - - - - About the Godmother - - - - - - - - - - -

EXCITING NEWS ABOUT TRANSFER BOARDS!

I GET TO STAY IN TIMI!

WHOOOOOOOP!

My new companion is Sora Peterson and she is my "godmother" in this mission because the first night I spent in Bucharest she was the sister missionary who watched over me!  I am really looking forward to serving with her!

SIDE NOTE:  The city I am serving in is pronounced Tim- E - Shwarr - Ahh



 - - - - - - - - - - - About the Mother - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Yesterday was Mother's Day and I was allowed to Skype home!  

For those of you who don't know, missionaries are only allowed to communicate with their families once a week through email and are allowed to Skype home twice a year: for Mother's Day and for Christmas.  

It was such a treat.

I really love my family and I am so grateful for the chance that I had to talk to them!

I couldn't sleep the night before because I was just super excited.  

I LOVE YOU MOM

I LOVE YOU DAD

And yes, 

I LOVE YOU TOO CONNOR!

I also want to give a little shout out to all of my other families members who I couldn't Skype:

Aunt Kristi and Uncle Leif !                                     Aunt Aimee and Uncle Scott!
Mitch, Wyatt, Colton, Nina, Tay, Bay, Lay!                   Parker, Owen, Addie!


Uncle Scott and Uncle Alberto!                                  Grandma and Grandpa Lee!


Grandma and Grandpa Rader!                                    Great Grandma Hardesty!


Aunt Kelly and Uncle Matt!


LOVE YOU!


 - - - - - - - - - - - - - About the Members - - - - - - - - - - -

Everyone knows that I LOVE the area where I am serving and that is because I LOVE the people I am serving.  

The branch (a small ward) where I am serving is incredible.  The members here are such strong spirits.  They are incredibly Christ-like in all that they do but they are so humble that they will never admit it.  

We have been going around to all of the members and just meeting with them.  It has been an incredible opportunity to get to know them and hear their stories.  

The cooked a huge "Farewell to Familia Hunt / Welcome to Familia Alston" feast.  They all brought authentic Romanian dishes.

It. 

Was.

Delicious. 

My branch calling (my position that I am asked to hold in the church) is a Primary teacher.  In Primary, I am in charge of teaching the little kids for 2 hours.  

IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO DO IN ROMANIAN.

Haha.  We only have two children, Diana who is 2 and Bianca, her older sister, who is 5.  

Romanian children aren't disciplined and basically do whatever they want. 

I have my work cut out for me.  

We had a bowling activity with all of the youth and our youth investigators.  It was SO FUN!  

I LOVE YOU!
:) Sora Lee

FOR MORE PHOTOS:

Click the link below, it will take you to a big spread page of my photos.  You will not need to download them to view them


Skyping home on Mother's day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment