Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

The Best Birthday Week

AWESOME PHOTOS THIS WEEK!

TUESDAY: SERVICE AND STARTING ENGLISH

We gardened for almost three hours today in preparation for our English class.  We pulled weeds in front of the church so it would look beautiful for English.  

After, we ran home so we could freshen up because we had two lessons that day.  

Two lessons later and it's time for English.  Sora Peterson and I teach Beginning English ad I love it!  We have a class full of girls!

After, it was time for Family Home Evening.  We had 5 investigators there, it was awesome.  I taught the lesson on the Plan of Salvation and it went really well.  I really have a testimony of the Gift of Tongues, it is a real gift.  Words come out of my mouth that I didn't even know I knew.  It is amazing.  

WEDNESDAY:  SURPRISE PARTY, FREE SODA AND SIX INVESTIGATORS

While Sora and I were at lunch, we got free drinks!  The waiter was honored that we were Americans eating at his little restaurant.  #prettygirlsgetfreestuff Hahaha.

We taught three lessons today.  Sora and I are really on fire and I love it! 

Today was Edina's birthday so we made sure to make it a great day.  We bought her a bouquet of flowers and made her a charm bracelet so she could remember us.  I have never loved someone so much as I have loved my investigator Edina.  She has such a hard life and I just want to give her everything I can.  It isn't enough but I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ can give her so much more.  

We told her that we couldn't see her today (lie) but we arranged a fun surprise party for her that night.  We decorated and brought her yummy treats.  She walked in and we totally surprised her!  It was so great.  She looked so happy.  It was fantastic.

THURSDAY:  ALL DAY CONTACTING

That's about it.  Long day of work.

FRIDAY:  SKETCHY FOOD, SPILLED SALT, SUPER SLEEPY  

Sora and I ate the sketchiest food this day.  The location was even sketchier.  10 lei food.... freaky!  We took photos.  The food tasted....gross...so I tried to spice it up with some salt.  So I started to shake the shaker...nothing came out.

So I shook the salt shaker harder.

Nothing.

Then an explosion.  Haha salt flew everywhere.  Hahaha and the cap landed somewhere in my soup.  Yum!  

Lots of contacting followed this excitement.

Kid English was tonight and we have 3 new students!  Those kids tired me out!

SATURDAY:  I'M FREAKING 20!

Wake up to a decorated apartment and a cake baking downstairs!  Sora P gave me Tarzan, dubbed in limba Romana for my birthday present!  We finished our studies and then we headed over to teach English.

After English, I got showered in birthday presents from our English students!  They are so kind!  After, I headed over to the Alston's house for a birthday dinner and a movie!  We got to watch "The Other Side of Heaven", it's one of my favorites!

SUNDAY:  HOLDING TONS OF ANIMALS

After church we had a lesson with Familia Crap.  

I GOT TO HOLD THEIR PET RABBIT AND THEIR TURKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They even named the rabbit "Sora Lee" ahaha yes!


This was my favorite birthday by far.  I loved being able to spend my birthday with the Romanian people.  I love living here and I have never felt so much happiness.  

LOTS OF LOVE! THANK YOU ALL FOR THE BIRTHDAY EMAILS!  
I wish I had more time to individually respond to each one of hem!
Lots of Love!
:) Sora Lee

SICK PHOTOS THIS WEEK!  CHECK THEM OUT, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!

No comments:

Post a Comment