Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

3 HOURS STRAIGHT

Wow.  This week was so amazing.  Where do I even start?  

We received 5 new investigators from our English class.  Um yeah, and they are all super interested!  We have meetings with them next week!.  

A NEW CONTACTING STRATEGY: 

I like to call this contacting style, "Hi, I'm from America, can I practice my Romanian with you?"

I usually start it off with hat phrase and then explain to them that I am a volunteer missionary here in Romania and I need help with learning the language.  Most people are quick to say yes!  Then, I ask them if I can share a scripture with them, either from the Book of Mormon or the Bible and then I ask for them to correct my pronunciation.  

Works every time.  

Then they usually ask who we are and why we are here and what we do.  It is a great opportunity to teach people about who we are and what our church believes.  People here know about "the Mormons" but they don't necessarily know anything about us, or anything correct that is.  This is my favorite way to contact and talk to people here!

RANDOM INVESTIGATORS:

So Sora Peterson and I went to get lunch.  Anyways, she brings us desert, it has coffee in it and we tell her that we don't drink coffee and we politely ask for another dessert, if it is available.  She comes back with fruit for us and our waitress just out of the blue says, "Who are you girls.  Where are you from, why are you here?" 

So we told her. 

She wants us to come back so we can talk to her. 

Deal.  

Today, for Pday we had the chance to go to Deva and see the castle in Hunedoara.  It was SO BEAUTIFUL.  I love this country.  This mission is beautiful.  I am so lucky to serve in such a beautiful country.  

I SAID BEAUTIFUL THREE TIMES. Build a bridge and get over it. Ha!

Coming back, it was a 3 hour MaxiTaxi ride back to Timi and I sat next to this young woman.  Anyways, long story short.  I managed tot all to her for 3 hours straight.  Yup, all in Romanian.  

And now I would like to share a verse from the Book of Mormon:

 "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." -Alma 26:12

The language is coming along so well.  Oh my gosh.  I know that Heavenly Father is helping me every single day out here.  It is incredible.  

And now one from the Bible:

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

The work is going great here and I have never been more happy.

Thank you for ALL of the love and support!  I don't have enough time to respond back to all of my emails every week so be patient with me!

Love and smiles!
-Sora Lee

PHOTOS BE POPPIN' THIS WEEK (but I will put up more next week because we have like no time today):

No comments:

Post a Comment