Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Kicking Iarna's Trash

Well I am having Galați (pronunced gah-lots) of fun in Galați! It is definitely very different compared to Bucharest but I am really liking it so far.  

Galați is in the eastern part of the country next to the Danube river.  The accent here is so different and I am really surprised at how weird it is!  My Romanian accent is a western accent and my companion Sora Wright (she is 21, from Massachusetts and one group ahead of me) has a Moldovan (east) accent!  It is super fun!  We get along really well and we are going to have a great transfer here.  We are really happy and bubbly and we definitely stand out! We are sister training leaders, which means we get to go on exchanges with other sisters in other areas and help them in their work- so that will be exciting!  

I really do miss Bucharest, which is weird because at first I really didn't like it one bit but it was so sad to leave behind all of our investigators, ward members and city friends.  Sora Trebas is still serving in Bucharest and I miss her so much!  One of the newest rules in our mission is that we aren't allowed to email other missionaries in our mission....so that will be hard for me to not be able to check up on her!  Every rule has a blessing though.  If we can follow the mission rules we will be blessed.  

I really don't have a ton of time to email today- we have to be home early today, our apartment is getting some work done.  Will send more pictures next week!

Te pup!  Pa pa!

Loving the work, Loving the people and Loving the Lord,
-Sora Kendall Lee

PS The subject of our email is "Kicking winter's trash" because it is FREEZING here and despite the cold we are going to work like crazy this transfer!




Me and Sora Wright






 The sweet building next to our church







The communist amphitheater behind the church

No comments:

Post a Comment