Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

Put On The Glasses



Greetings from a smoke filled internet cafe in Timişoara!  

Ha.  

Okay so this week!

We said goodbye to Elder Montoya and Elder Ormsby!  Sad, but they are off to bigger (much bigger, office elder and Bacau Branch President) and better things!   

So this week was the FUNNEST (not a word but get over it) week of English Contacting ever!  

So while we were contacting, we found the SAN DIEGO TEMPLE!  I just about flipped out.  Everyone else knew it was there and they wanted to surprise the new missionary from California.  It was such a treat!  It really made my whole day... seeing a temple in ROMANIA!  

So next day, more contacting, but this time we did music contacting.  Sora Smith had a guitar and we walked around and sang songs and contacted people.  First, we sang gospel hymns and gospel contacted and then we switched over to English songs and English contacted!  It was really quite fun and the hours flew by.  

We taught three lessons this week but it was mainly a heavily contacting week.  

While we were contacting, we passed through a group of little kids, all playing in the street.  I said "Ciao" to one of the little boys at my feet.  As we are walking away he yells, "CIAO FRUMOASA!" (Goodbye BEAUTIFUL!)  at the top of his lungs hahaha. He was probably 6 yars old.  

It doesn't matter how old the men are here....they love to make cat calls haha.  

Kid English was so much fun.  I would like to make a shout out to Miss Jessica, the leading lady behind Kids Factory Mission Viejo for teaching me all of these fun games.  Here I am in Romania, playing the exact same games, with little kids on the other side of the world.  

Who would have thought that those games could help kids learn how to speak English?  

It's amazing.  

So we also did another fun form of contacting, slack line contacting.  It was a total success.  

We set up a slack line (tight rope kind of thing) in the middle of a park and asked people if they wanted to try it.  It is super difficult.  But the Romanians loved it.  We told them it was a fun American hobby and they wanted to try it more.  

We are definitely using our talents here in Romania and we have definitely have learned how to work hard and have fun!  

On Saturday and Sunday, I had the chance to watch General Conference, which is held bi-annually, and is an opportunity where we have the chance to listen to our prophet and apostles speak to us.  

It's pretty much the most amazing weekend ever.  

Next week I will attach my favorite talk (it is not available yet) from General Conference.  It was given by Dieter F. Uchtdorf on the Sunday Morning Session of Conference.  He spoke about gratitude, something I have a really strong testimony of.  

So.....

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Put on the Glasses! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So let's talk about positivity.  The way you choose to look at life, the world, people, trials....it is all up to you.  

People have been emailing me, "Wow, you are so happy, you seem too happy..glad everything is easy for you".

Woah.  Rewind.  

The work isn't easy.  But I choose to be happy, despite what happens.  

I simply do not to write home about the bad, sad, discouraging things out here because I CHOOSE not to.  I don't want to meditate on the bad, I just want to see the good.  

I definitely am a "rose colored glasses" kind of girl, no shame about it.  

People have given me flack for it.  They say that I am not a realist, that the world really isn't as great as I think.  

Blah blah blah.

(Here comes my spiritual thought)

I believe that God probably sees the world with rose colored glasses  He probably notices all of the small treasures. He sees the small little flowers in the dirt.  He notices that perfectly puffy cloud in the sky. How the ice cream is perfectly swirled on the cone.   

My challenge to you all?  

Put on the glasses and see the world in a different light.  

Be more positive.  

Be more grateful.   

And just enjoy life because it is beautiful.  

Life is hard, but how we choose to see it can make every thing easier.  


 Prettiest puff flower trees in the whole wide world

God doesn't sleep.  This street graffiti is everywhere and it is pretty sweet.  


 Ciorba!  I had just enough letters to spell Romania!  And I also had an "X", "K" and "P"hahaha


Sora Market!   A little cute alimentar we found while tracting. 

 Temple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 I LOVE TIMI!


No comments:

Post a Comment