Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

Feeling Useful! Funeral Planning.

This week was crazy!  But hey, that is Romania for you!

We started off the week on Monday with zone conference in Arad, (about 2 hours away by train).  We were there all day and that is why my Pday last week was bumped to Tuesday.  I also was pleased to find that I had received several letters through DearElder (keep them coming!) and a care package from HOME!  Gah!  It just made my whole week.  

Tuesday, we went and played soccer with the elders in our district.  It got really competative haha.

We went on exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders (STLs) who are currently serving in Cluj- about 6 hours away.  They came down for a day and a half and Sora Smith and I got a new companion for the day!  It was very fun.  We will be going on exchanges with them every transfer.
Sora Drotar was my new companion.  She is a convert to the church and ROMANIAN.  Um, yeah, I lucked out... We also got in a lot of good contacting

Since the weather was incredibly lovely, we went park contacting.  I showed the people we talked to the photos I had of my family.  I used it as an experience to practice my Romanian and the people we spoke to really enjoyed looking at all of them. 

Shout out to my brother Connor.  Every Romanian girl asked if you had a girlfriend.  That is your confidence boost of the week haha.  

We also talked to people about how the gospel of our church teaches us that we have the ability to be with our families forever, that when we die, we can still be a family unit, and that we won't be drifting around up in heaven all alone.  That message really comforted the people that we talked to.  We talked about the Plan of Salvation with people and and most people were interested in our message.  

I attached a little 3 minute video about the Plan of Salvation ( if anyone wants to learn more about it) -gah it is my favorite.  It just makes me so happy that I can be with my family for time and all eternity.  Gosh.  Just so happy.  

The Plan of Salvation answers the 3 biggest questions in this life:
-  "Where did I come from?"
-   "Why am I here?"
-   "Where am I going after I die?"

I have such a strong testimony of the Plan of Salvation.  This is why I went on a mission, so I could share this happy message with everyone I meet.  


If you want to dig deeper.....This page, on the left hand collumn, you can learn more about the specific parts of the plan.



This just makes me so happy... I couldn't help but share it!

So lots of contacting occured that day.... after the funeral we attended.

SAD NEWS (bring out the tissues!)

Sora Miţin, the woman I would go read to every week, passed away last week.  When I found out I was actually super happy.  She had been waiting for so long to just "be with God" and she didn't have to be sick any longer.  

Her funeral was very small and all of her funeral goers were very sad.  The missionaries were in charge of getting everything ready.  For some of the missionaries in my district, this was the first funeral they attended.  Sora Miţin looked so beautiful, she genuinely looked angelic.  She even had this little smile on her face.  I thought it was adorable.  

All I could think about was the Plan of Salvation, andf that I knew Sora M was up in Heaven, happy and with her family.  I know God loves us all so much and that he takes care of us.  

Gosh.  Just, I love the Plan of Salvation!

Okay so then, we had a big Relief Society conference in Oradea.  We were there all day long.  One of the activities was sewing blankets for several kindergartens in the city.  

I might not know Romanian but I do know the language of SEWING!  

HA!

That day was the most useful I have felt.  I was so excited that I got to share my talents and my love for sewing- all the way in ROMANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just hopped on a machine, (there were only about 3 of us, including myself, who knew how to sew) and I went to work! 

(Bragging time)  I pumped out 20 blankets!!!!  

*Stands on soapbox*

I would like to thank my Grandma Lee for nurturing my love of sewing.  Thank you thatnk you for all of your patience and time you have invested in me.  In moe ways than one, you have prepared me for my mission.  Love you bunches Grannie!

I would like to thank Mrs. Rhonda from the Joanns fabric strore in Foothill Ranch, California for being so patient with me in sewing class as a 10 year old girl.  Thank you for having trust in me and so much confidence as to let me use you nice (and very expensive) sewing machine.  

*Gets off soapbox*

Well, I have to go, we are going to a real Fotbal game (Soccer game)!  It is going to be legit.  I am so pumped.  

GO ROMANIA!

Te pup, PA PA!
 


First care package!!!!

 Sewing away in Arad!  I love Sora O'Brien!

Spring time in Timi!

No comments:

Post a Comment