Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

Call Me Miss MOLDOVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO I WILL BE SERVING IN THE CAPITOL CITY OF MOLDOVA THIS TRANSFO

Chisinau? ChisiYES!

Also my companion will be SORA BARRERA AHHHHHH.  I am so excited.  I cannot even wait.  STL with one of my best buddies. I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!

Well this week was AWESOME.  We got to celebrate Easter yesterday!  (Easter is a week behind America here)  We got permission to go to the mass at midnight and it was sooo cool.  I understood soo much more than I did last year.  It is insane.  I really loved what the Orthodox priest encouraged us all to do, "To stand as a light of truth to others".  He also encouraged us to all "forgive and forget"  the mistakes of others and to be more humble in our lives and learn to accept our own weaknesses and faults.  We all got a candle and we all raised them up in the air and yelled (reverently), "Christ has risen.  Yes!  He HAS risen!"  And I was just like, wow, how cool is this?  We have a LIVING and LOVING Savior.  He LIVES.  He loves us.  He knows us.  I am so grateful I could focus more on him this Easter. 

 This point actually hit me super hard on Sunday morning.  I was exhausted, we got home at 3am after mass and I was so tired and stressed and my mind wasn't where it should have been on that Easter morning.  I was trying to finish 20 goody bags we made for our branch activity after church and I was so freaking frustrated because we had planned to put in a little picture of Christ inside of the bag along with several little Easter egg candies in front of it.  Well, the eggs kept moving behind the picture, making it all crooked and ugly and I was just so over it.  I set the bag down on the table and looked at it.  And then I noticed something...Christ was first.  It wasn't the eggs or the chocolate bunny.  It was Christ.  As Easter rolls around, Christ should be our first thought.  Everything else really comes secondary to His glory.  

The Easter slujba and activity were both so lovely.  Sora Wright gave a great talk on the resurrection of Christ and we sang the best hymns.  It was awesome.  The activity after was so fun and we even had some English students come!!!  We also have 2 new investigator friends this week!  Awesome!

This week we had exchanges with the lovely sisters from Constanta.  They are so awesome.  I got to go with Sora Sayre from my MTC group and we had a great day!!!  Like just everything went our way and it was incredible.  We met this super nice cotton candy maker lady on the boardwalk here and she loved us so much we got free cotton candy!!!!  She was SO CUTE.   We got to meet with Denisa this week after she kind of dropped off the face of the earth for a little bit.  We taught her about the Plan of Salvation and she actually LISTENED.  Which was so odd because usually she talks all over us.  But I could see the spirit come over her countenance and it was so incredible.  We also came back the next day and helped to clean her house!  It was so great.  

The sun is out here in Galati and it is so warm and beautiful, happy and bright!!! It is so great.  I love the sun.  I am just so SO grateful for this gospel and the PURE HAPPINESS it brings not only into my life, but everyone's life when they hear it.  

Loving the work, Loving the people and Loving the Lord,
:) Sora Lee




We go hard.  


Go elders go!


Karaoke!  



beautiful Galati


Nicest lady EVER!



COTTON CANDY with cute Sora Sayre on exchanges!!!!!

Goodbye Magda!!!!  Te iubesc!!!!


Goodbye to our cute Advanced English students!!!!

Oddest picture ever with Trian, my English crusher



Old Spice Man speaking ROMANIAN!!!!


This is what a progressing investigator looks like!!!!



Cleaning up project for Denisa!



Our "payment" for cleaning her house


Addi sneaking our juice!


Eating yummy meat!  Thanks Denisa!


                                                          Hip Hopping towards Easter!!!!!


                                                          Count the strays in this picture!


Rollerskating lane!


The district at Easter Mass!

Hristos a inviat!!!


What are white eggs....so weird!


Christ always comes first, thank you goody bags for that important lesson




East up Ramura Galati!

The whole gang!

Liviu loves "hanging out" with me!


Prettiest eggs!


Love this picture!


Yay!  Easter!


The food....




No comments:

Post a Comment