Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

When people look at you who do they see?

Hey everyone!!!!!!  This week went by so freaking fast it is insane.  Seriously, I don't even understand how time speeds up on a mission... I really don't.  

This week we were super busy asalways and this week we will be even busier because it is Sora Barrera's last full week!  It is so weird....I do not want her to go!  Saturday is Transfer boards and I will find out who my knew companion will be for my last mini transfer....#13...the extension.   I am freaking out.  Dar, totul va fie bine :)   

Some of the hightlights this week were making Bors Rosu with our favorite Russian members.  I seriously love them so much and they are teaching us Russian phrases to use in our lessons with Dima and Maria, whose native language is Russian.  It is great!  I love Bors Rosu and I will probably make it once a week when I get home from my mission.   

We taught Maria and Dima this week about the restoration of The Church of Jesus Christ and how through the prophet Jospeh Smith, all of the origianl doctrines or teaching of Jeus Christ were made whole and corrected, after years of being misinterpreted and forgotten.  We taught them in English but got to say several key phrases in Russian that really invited the spirit into the lesson.  It was incredible.   We also really love heir dog Charlie- she is so cute.   

But yeah, all is well, I am happy and healthy (no more worms!) and looking forward to these last few weeks.  

We attended the Russian sacrament meeting on Sunday because we had an investigator there with and we got the little translator earpiece things (which are so handy) in order to understand the speakers.  Now one of the translator ladies isn't fluent in English so sometimes her words are a little off, close but not the right word.   She was translating this scripture: 


Alma 5:14 And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?


She was so cute because she changed the word "countenance' to "face"  So she said, "Have you received his image on your faces". And I just loved that so much- I mean seriously, when people see our faces, will we remind them of the Savior?  Just kind of a cool thought for this week.   

Loving the work, loving the People and Loving the Lord,
:) Sora Lee


And the pictures . . . .  




 A Bors Rosu feast




My favorite Russian family




 I LOVE THESE PEOPLE - maria and dima!!!!




I love my colega!!!!



One of my favorite street paintings In Chisinau

No comments:

Post a Comment