Pages

Monday, June 22, 2015

Light Attracts Light

Well, 6 weeks left and I am running out of things to say haha.  Things are going great but it is all just so normal for me now....It is hard to give you the latest news!  But I will try my best!
We did a lot of contacting for Meet the Mormons and we had some really cool conversations with people!   We left people with the idea that we Mormons are actually super normal people!  So score!
All of our investigators have gone out to the countryside (La Țara) for the summer (boo) so we have some finding to do! 
Round 2 of Meet the Mormons went a lot better (this time it was in English with Russian subtitles) and we think more people came because it was an English film.  SO yay! 
But probably the highlight of this week was our lesson with Maria and Dima, a Russian couple who live in the apartment above the Pinder Family, one of our senior couples here- oh they also speak PERFECT English.   They are the coolest people ever. They definitely do not act or carry themselves like Eastern Europeans.  They are just SO HAPPY and they stand out. They have this joy, this light that just radiates from them.  I sound like a nut case but they really do.  Dima was telling us, "I said good day to this man once and asked him how he was doing and everyone and the trolleybus looked at me like I was crazy".  DIMA WE FEEL YOU WE UNDERSTAND.  The Pinder Family went on to tell them that they have this light in their eyes.  
I shared the scripture from Mathew that says, "Ye are the light of the world....." and then we watched a 2 minute video called "Datorita Lui" or "Because of Him" (link attached below).  
https://www.lds.org/youth/video/because-of-him?lang=eng
They felt it.  Maria cried and Dima just had this pure smile.   We invited them to take the lessons to learn more about how they can have a fresh view of themselves, of God and of the world.  They said that they were excited to learn more.  I LOVE THEM and this couple has the potential to change the church here in Moldova.  I feel like these people are the reason why I needed to extend. I feel like they have been my lifelong friends. 
Lightness and darkness cannot exist at the same place, at the same time.  Light chases away darkness, and even a small light can make a difference in a dark place.  That is one thing that I have learned on my mission.  Not one good thing ever goes unnoticed.  A small light makes a big difference, even in the darkest place. 
I love my Eastern European mission and no matter where you are in the world, people are drawn to light- to goodness, to happiness, and I know that only the gospel of Jesus Christ can bring that into our lives. 
Loving the work, Loving the people and Loving the Lord,
:) Sora Lee

P.S. Sorry I am dumb and only took 3 pictures this week.


This is Ștefan Cel Mare și Sfînt (Stephen the great and holy) and it says, "Moldovans, so Romanians" . . .  it makes more sense in Romanian hahaha




 Polina and her mom Natasha- the coolest Russian members.  Polina climbed a cherry tree for me and ripped off one of the branches so I could eat the cherries!  Haaha.  I LOVE THEM!  We are also learning how to bear our testimonies in Russian so we can tell them!




                                       I LOVE MARTY and he lives right near our house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment