Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

All the cute old ladies carry around axes right?

TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY- THURSDAY:

So this week we were SUPER OCCUPATA (busy)!  We had an exchange in Galați which is 5 hours away by train.  No AC.  DEATH.  I fell asleep for a little bit but then the sweat dripped off my nose and pooled into a little puddle on my chest and eventually, that puddle of sweat had woken me up.

Ha.

Gross.

So we had the coolest exchanges EVER.  Sora Bynum served in the same MTC district with Sora Hovey in the MTC and I had served with Sora Parker in the MTC as well!  It was like a little reunion!

While contacting we see this cute little old lady walk up to us and we were like, "Awww she is adorable".  She starts playing with this little stray cat  and we are just awed by her cuteness. We start having a conversation with her.  So then the lady turns around and there is this HUGE axe in her hand hahahaha and we all just walk away really slowly. 

Welcome to the Romania/Moldova Mission were we contact old ladies with axes.  Beat that.

We also had several activities with the branch in Galați and one of the elders taught Sora and I how to tie a tie!  Yay!

We headed back with all of the missionaries from Galați because they were heading to Iași for Zone Conference the next day. We contacted the conductor of our train!  He was SOOO nice!  

FRIDAY:

Zone Conference!  It was basically the same thing I heard in Missionary Leadership Council and Zone training so nothing new to report here!
It's all about ENERGY, INTELLIGENCE and BALANCE!

SATURDAY:
We had English class and then after we had sports night with our students and investigators.  We went and played futbol (soccer) in this field.  I saw this cute little family and I thought, "How can I not awkwardly contact them?"  So I grab a Frisbee and start playing with the other sisters next to this family.  

They had 5 children, 2 babies and three little girls.  So I called out to the little girls and asked if they wanted to play with us, because they had been eyeballing me for about 5 minutes.  They all ran up and started playing with us.  They were 10 (Maria), 8 (Anastasia) and 5 (Sophia) years old.  They were SO CUTE.  The cutest little girls.  We played with them for about an hour and a half all laughing an talking to each other in Romanian.  Sophia was always right beside me and staring at me and then she asked me where I was from and where my parents were.  She thought it was so cool that I was American.

Their parents left and left the girls with us because they lived in the block right next to the field where we were playing.  I told the parents that they had a cute family and beautiful daughters.  They said thanks and left.  

So then I think, "CRUD, I never contacted them!"  So I start writing a letter for the girls to give to their parents about our English class.  The girls went home and later we headed home.  When we walked by their block they called out our names, "SuroriSurori!  Pa surori!"  (Sisters!  Sisters!  Bye sisters!)  We walked backwards and waved goodbye to them until we couldn't see them anymore.

 - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  Final  Thoughts - - - - - -  - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - -  - - 

I have so much hope for these people here.  That experience with the three little girls helped me realize that those little girls will grow up to be people who are more open about the gospel and about missionaries in general.  I just kept thinking about how cute and kind they were to us.  I think we will leave a good impression of missionary work and the church on that family.  

I am finding more joy in the work as I can speak and understand the language much more know.  The most flattering comment is when Romanians compliment my accent and my grammar.  I love seeing their faces light up when I say that I have only been here for 5 months.  

I know that Heavenly Father is blessing me.  I can hear it (and understand it! haha!) when the Romanian people talk to me.  I know he loves me because he is helping me every day here.

Loving the people, loving the work and loving the Lord,
:) Sora Lee

 Learned how to tie ties!

My home slice and Galați exchangesSora Parker

Sora BynumSora Me, Sora Parker, Sora Hovey at Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment