Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

FEASTING Not Just Snacking

I don't have oodles of time today to email you all but I just wanted to tell you that I HAD A GREAT WEEK!  I am loving my companion and we are best of friends.  I am so honored to be serving with her.

So this week I wanted to share a little thought with you all.

Okay what is feasting?

Well I can tell you that my 9 year old self was a fan of this.  She was a foodie.  I was and I still am.  Anyways, let's talk about feasting.  When you think about feasting, what other words pop into your head?  For me, and my nine year old self, I think about buffets (my parents are losing it right now).  Channeling my inner nine year old, here are some phrases that pop into my mind about "feasting".


Large amounts

Super size me

Yes, I'd like that doubled

Round 2

Can I get an extra plate?

Round 5

Oh for sure dessert

Extra topping

Stretchy pants

No regrets

Feasting.  It is getting all you want and more.  And why do you want more?  Because you love it.  It's delicious.  It makes you happy, it fills the need for hunger.  It quenches your thirst.

"Wherefore, I said unto you, FEAST upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do. "
- 2 Nephi 32:3 

In the same way that we feast when we eat, we should also FEAST upon the word of God.  Let's open up our scriptures and go to work.  Let's keep reading, keep going,keep marking, keep underlining, keep highlighting, keep learning and then come back for Round 2 and then Round 3. . The more we involve ourselves in studying our scriptures our need for "spiritual food" will be better taken care of.

Why?  Because we will be feasting on the scriptures and not just "snacking" on it.

So for this week, I challenge you all to "feast" during your scripture study.

So what will you choose . .  a feast or a snack?

Feast up.

Loving the work, loving the people and loving the Lord,
:) Sora Lee

Photo 1: Me and my "Do you have a question for God?" poster
Photo 2: Me and Sora Trebas at the end of our creative contacting session
Photo 3: How to hold flowers in Romania.  If the petals are facing up, THAT IS BAD.  Flower petals must always face down.




No comments:

Post a Comment